Welcome!

Click on any of the projects in the slideshow below to view them. Scroll down the page to see my blog entries. Leave me a comment and let me know what your personal website is so I can come visit you!
Enjoy!
Natalie

Monday, November 16, 2009

A Trip to San Diego Botanical Gardens and Balboa Park


Hannah, you, are truly a gift from God.  We fall in love with you over and over watching you experience things for the first time. We envy you!
Reads the journaling for this page.  During one of our jaunts to San Diego, CA, we stopped at Balboa Park and went to the free Botanical Gardens located within the heart of the park. 

There is a koi pond, where hordes of people gathered to paint the various water lilies in bloom.  There were various groups of people meeting to do physical fitness and then there were tourists from all over milling around. 

Hannah really enjoyed looking at the plants which were samples from all over the world that could easily grow in SDs mild climate.    I wish I could remember what it was like to smell and touch exotic flowers for the first time.  I guess that's why we go there so often, so I can just let the first time come back.


Near the Natural History Museum at Balboa Park is a huge commons which has a large fountain.  Hannah was very excited to see how far the water shot up into the air.  We are lunch here and just enjoyed the fresh air.  Later we found a butterfly garden and chased a couple of huge monarchs around. 

Of course nap time approached and we had to leave. 

I used prima paper flowers and silk flowers that I altered, perfect pearls and water in my Ranger mister.  I used a Bohemian paper, journal card, and transparency as well as Martha Stewart ribbon. I used Tim Holtz distressing ink to grunge up the papers and ribbons. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hubby's Childhood Revisited

Altered Art-Books By Timeless Legacy Designs

Timeless Legacy Designs Banner