Welcome!

Click on any of the projects in the slideshow below to view them. Scroll down the page to see my blog entries. Leave me a comment and let me know what your personal website is so I can come visit you!
Enjoy!
Natalie

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Altered Art-Books



I made altered books for my mother and father.  I did these before I even got into making scrapbooks.  I started stamping first, did altered art, then the scrapbooking, die cutting, etc.

I am going to post an album at the bottom of the blog with more pictures of the books I made.

The one I made for my mom did not have personal pictures as my dad's did.  Her's was more of a muse and his was a memory book.

I used Altered Books and More Altered Books from Hot Off The Press.  I bought them at Michaels a few years ago.  They had some really great ideas and actually helped my scrapbooking creativity as well.  I also used the HOTP epehemera books: Feminine, Garden, Alphabet Tiles, Tags 1, Tags 2, and various others.

From Altered Art-Books

I used a lot of colored leaves, feathers,fibers, brads, colored glass, large skittles, stamps, paper clips, all kinds of stuff!!



These pages are from my father's book.   I cut out images from vintage ephemera books from HOTP.  I used stamped mulberry paper for the background.  The criss-cross bulletin board is made of vellum strips and brads.  Then I paperclip the images to the mini bulletin board.

From Altered Art-Books

These pages are from pictures taken in Philadelphia when my father and uncle came to visit me.  I printed out a tiny version of the Declaration of Independence.  I made a pocket and a background from the same vellum.  The other paper embellishments are from HOTP again.  I was really into all of their collage line!





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hubby's Childhood Revisited

Altered Art-Books By Timeless Legacy Designs

Timeless Legacy Designs Banner