Okay chickies, the alcohol ink experiment went as expected. I made some great ink, however; when trying to dye non-porous acrylic discs, I am going to save up my money and get the real deal at the craft store. I am going to try coloring the bottom with a marker and see how that looks, too! The inks I made with the food coloring gel and iso.alcohol did not turn out great due to the alcohol not being the highest concentration. I hear you can get 99% at Costco. Here are the photos of the two colors that came out half decent.
Click on any of the projects in the slideshow below to view them. Scroll down the page to see my blog entries. Leave me a comment and let me know what your personal website is so I can come visit you!