Welcome!

Click on any of the projects in the slideshow below to view them. Scroll down the page to see my blog entries. Leave me a comment and let me know what your personal website is so I can come visit you!
Enjoy!
Natalie

Monday, December 6, 2010

Peachy Keen Stamps

Recently, I made a new bloggy friend, Ruth Ann or Ruthie as her friends call her.  She is a member of the Design Team at Peachy Keen Stamps.  This site is great!  They have awesome stamp sets and even hold challenges on their blog and they give away their product.  If you haven't heard of this site before and you like to put "faces" on your creations, then this is the place for you.

I asked Ruthie, which stamp sets should I start with.  I don't have any of the paper doll cartridges, but thought it would be fun to put faces on some everyday die cut shapes.  Here's the advice she gave me.

Hi Natalie,

O.k. here is my advise....

I would start off with one of these sets:

PK-491 Every Day Faces

PK-540 Funshine Face Assortment

PK-570 Basic Paper Doll Face Assortment

All three of the above sets have very basic faces and can easily be used in many different ways. I would choose the one you like best and get that one. All three sets come with 6 different faces, in 5 different sizes. I think Funshine has 7 faces, that is why it costs a little more then the other two.

If you are able to purchase a second set, I would get PK-640 the Princess Face Assortment.  This one is really girlie so I wouldn't choose it as a 1st choice.

If you are going to be stamping faces on things that don't normally have faces, like fruit and other objects, then I would get PK-660 the Laughy Taffy Face Assortment. 

You can also use the basic faces on non-traditional stuff, but the Laughy Taffy set is a fun one to have.

The white pen and chalk really make the faces come to life. I bought both of these items at Michael's with coupons. Lately, I have been using my colored pencils as well.

Hopefully, that helped. :) Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ruthie :)
Check out Ruthie's blog here.  Peachy Keen Site is here.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hubby's Childhood Revisited

Altered Art-Books By Timeless Legacy Designs

Timeless Legacy Designs Banner