It's finally here! The 2011 Calendar Blog Hop! So glad you could make it. I hope you all are having a great Holiday Season and are planning to ring in the New Year with lots of fun and love!
You should be coming to this blog from Michelle at Peanut Butter and Jelly Designs http://
peanutbutterandjellydesigns. blogspot.com/. If you have just happened upon this blog hop and would care to start at the beginning go to Celeste at Touched by a Butterfly at http:// touchedbyabutterfly.blogspot. com/.
The Grand Prize Blog Candy is a brand-new Designer’s Calendar Cartridge, donated by Karelj at One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity. In order to be eligible to win, you need to leave a comment on each and every stop on the hop, along with a way for her to contact you. She will choose a winner by random.org on the 31st and announce it on her blog, as well as contacting the winner personally.
Here's the entire blog line-up for you to visit from December 28th-December 30th:
1. January and April: Celeste at Touched by a Butterfly at http://
2. January and September: Jessica at Overjoyed Scrapper www.overjoyedscrapper.
3. February: Christel at Scrappin' Sista http://onescrappinsista.
4. February and March: Karelj at One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity http://karelj.blogspot.com
5. March and July: Diane at Crafting This Moment http://www.craftingthismoment.
6. April: Bonnie at A Scrap Above http://ascrapabove.blogspot.
7. May: Michelle at Peanut Butter and Jelly Designs http://
8. (You Are Here!) May: Natalie at Timeless Legacy Designs http://timelesslegacydesigns.
9. June: Lisa at Lisa's Paper Butterflies http://lisaspaperbutterflies.
10. June: Jamie at Glitter, Paper, Stamps, Oh My! http://jamieisacraftymomma.
11. July: Summer and Jennifer at Cricut Diaries http://cricutdiaries.blogspot.
12. August: Denise at Starlight Scrapper http://starlightscrapper.
13. August: Gina at Gina Thornton Stamping http://ginathorntonstamping.
14. September: Deb at If It's Groovy http://ifitsgroovy.blogspot.
15. October: Rebecca at Creations with Becka www.creationswithbecka.
16 . October: Lora at Notes From The Scrapbook Lady http://scrpbooklady.
17. November: Belinda at Queen Bee's Musings www.queenbeesmusings.blogspot.
18. November and December : Col at Col's Creative Corner at www.scrappycol.blogspot.com
19. December: Deb at Tidbit's Place http://tidbitsplace.blogspot.
For my project I decided to make a 2 part video tutorial and it is finally finished! I have left up the written directions and pictures for those who don't care to watch the videos. Enjoy! Make sure to leave a comment after you've watched what you like of the video and let Karel know that you visited my blog to be eligible to win. Feel free to become a follower, too!
After this blog hop is over I have blog candy I will be giving away as I have passed my goal of 100 followers. check back for a post about that and leave a comment to become eligible to win my blog candy after December 30th. I also have made my blog post updates available in e-mail format so don't forget to sign up for those, too! If you have any questions regarding supplies or techniques you see in the videos feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment.
K & Company Que Sera Sera paper pad
Coordinating Cardstock in pink and ivory
Stampin Up! Inks, chalks and pens: Bold Brights and Earth Elements
Sticker Sentiment-preferably clear
Butterfly die cuts
May die cut
Chalk blending sticks
Floral vellum for picture mats two 3.5 x 3.5 mats and one 4 x 5
Copy of lined or graph paper on cardstock
Embossed or cursive writing on foil, vellum or paper
White gel/chalk pen
Distress inks in coordinating colors
Tan vellum cut in 1/2 in strips
White vellum cut in 3/4 in strips
Stickles in coordinating colors
Dictionary words with definitions of Springtime words 3-6
1) 12 x 12 page of green paper, upper left area use white gel pen to draw 1/4 in grid lines about 3 inches in and 6 inches down
2) 3 x 2.5 pink cardstock, use white gel pen to draw lines for journaling 1/4 in apart, distress edges, attach to page. Stamp with pink or orange ink with a flower stamp and then sentiment stamp. Add 1/2 in by 5 in vellum strip. Use tape dispenser to give jagged edge.
3) Bottom of page, 12 x 2 1/4 strip of graph looking blue paper or similar, distress edges, attach
4) 6 x 3 piece of paper in light orange behind "May", distress edges and add over blue and green paper on lower left corner.
5) Cardstock with graph or lined paper design, 3 x 2.5 in size, distress edges, add to lower left
6)Add 8 x 8 piece of embossed/printed handwriting paper about 3 1/4 in from left edge. Cut 7 1/4 by 4 in dark pink and distress edge. Add it to page lining up with left most edge of handwriting paper, overlapping on it.
7) 6 x 3 1/2 piece of ivory cardstock, handwrite a letter, fold it up, wrinkle it, distress it and add to right side in middle of page leaving 3 1/4 from the bottom.
8)Cut orange patterned paper in 2 1/5 x 5 and rip one of the shorter ends to face to the right. Distress all edges and attach to top right corner overlapping letter and pink paper
9)Cut 8 1/2 in piece of paper to taper from right at 1/2 in to left at 3/4 in, rip the left edge and distress all edges. Add to top of layout going from right to left overlapping orange and pink papers.
10) Cut out "May" from coordinating pattern paper, distress, add glitter, add on top of light orange paper leaving part of the "y" unglued to fit picture under
11) Add small paper with "2011" stamped on it, distress edges
12) Add fake tape tan vellum 1 x 1/2 in cut with tape dispenser, to top right corner 1/2 in from top, flush with right side and stamp with sentiment. Add fake tape tan vellum 2 3/4 x 1/2 to right side of pink paper, cutting with tape dispenser, add fake white vellum tape 1 1/2 x 3/4 in cut with tape dispenser to top of light orange paper above "May", add fake white vellum tape 2 1/4 x 3/4 in cut with tape dispenser to bottom left of pink paper.
13) Stamp sentiment above "May"
14)Cut two butterflies in one design and three in another and use chalks to add characteristics. May use stickers or punches. Add glitter to accent. Add wire antennae to butterflies. Put two most similar in size on grid paper on lower left and add stamped sentiment in coordinating colors. Add two of the larger butterflies to the top of the aged letter overlapping the orange paper near top right. Add smallest butterfly to lower right of the aged letter.
15) Add 3-6 cut out dictionary definitions to bottom right corner overlapping some of the different papers. Use scanner to get words and print onto acid free paper of coordinating color or find vellum or stickers with similar format.
16) Place 5 x 4 floral vellum mat toward the top in the middle at a skewed angle and the two 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 mats trickling down the page barely overlapping each other.
Now for the bottom
1) 12 x 12 page of coordinating pink paper for background
2) Cut flower die cuts for special days in varying colors, distress with inks and enhance with glitter. Handwrite the special day title on the flower. Stamp the date on the flower. Cut out Birthday cakes or other icons for other special days if you wish.
3) Cut remaining days out of a lighter patterned paper suitable for writing at 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 in and distress edges. Stamp the remaining dates on the squares.
4) Cut out Days of Week whole word or beginning of word and use layers to make them pop off page. I used Gypsy Wanderings font.
5) Practice by arranging where the squares and flowers will go and then use white gel pen to make lines for additional notes, even adding the word "Notes:"
6) Find a suitable quote in clear sticker or stamp and put it on a coordinating piece of paper.
7) Adhere all flowers and squares when you are happy with their placement.
Whew....I believe that is a quick and dirty description of how to do this page. If you need any other help with this page or the techniques let me know. I scraplifted this page from a printed page by K & Company from the Cut and Paste pad.
I hope you enjoyed this and let me know where I go to see yours! Happy Hopping! Next you are off to Lisa at Lisa's Paper Butterflies http://lisaspaperbutterflies.