Welcome!

Click on any of the projects in the slideshow below to view them. Scroll down the page to see my blog entries. Leave me a comment and let me know what your personal website is so I can come visit you!
Enjoy!
Natalie

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pay It Forward Day and Merry and Bright Card

Today is Pay It Forward Day at my church and I challenge you to give a gift of a kind deed or a donation today or this week or this month! Run through your house and find a box or bag full of stuff you could take to any of your local charity supported thrift stores. Take a few bags of food to the food bank. Make a commitment to an Angel Tree child or church supported fund-raisers! Pay for someone's groceries, or coffee at the coffee house. Maybe even drop a bag of pet food to the local pet shelter. Make treats for your neighbors or people you get services from in your community! Try to work this in here and there this month. You'll find that helping others cheer up takes away your own blues and holiday frustration.

Here is a card I made last night to wish you all a Merry and Bright Christmas and Holiday Season. Today I'd like to share with everyone that I am so grateful for the greatest gift of all, Jesus Christ, and that I love spending all month celebrating and reflecting on this Man, who is God incarnate! I get weepy when I think of how our Creator knitted together Jesus in Mary's body and kept her safe as the precious baby grew, indwelt in this Man's body His own Spirit, and allowed His own Son to go through a short but fulfilling life on Earth all because He seeks a freindship, fellowship, and relationship with me! Thank Yous are never enough!!!! God bless all my family, friends (internet included), loved ones, neighbors, co-workers, my community, my state, my country, and my enemies. May you all be filled with God's Spirit this season!


10 x 7 in. white cardstock folded in half
5 x 7 in. patterned paper #1, 1 x 7 in. patterned paper #1 edges and folds distressed with sandpaper (SEI Winter Song)
4 x 6 in. patterned paper #2 edges distressed with sandpaper (SEI Winter Song
3.25 x 4.25 in. patterned paper #3 edges distressed with sandpaper (SEI Winter Song)
8 inches red grosgrain ribbon 1/2 in wide
snowflake die cut from white cardstock at 2 in high (Christmas Cricut cart, Gypsy, Expression)
scalloped circle die cut from patterned cardstock at 1.6 in (SEI Winter Song,, any cart with a circle with small scallops, Gypsy, Expression)
snowflake stamp approx 1.5 in wide or less (I used Basic Grey Figgy Pudding: Santa Baby clear stamp set)
sentiment stamp approx 1.5 wide or less ( I used Stampin UP! 2002 All Year Cheer I)
clear stamp acrylic mounting block
coordinating stamp pads 2 colors (Stampin UP! Bordering Blue and Tim Holtz Firebrick Red Distress Ink)
Reminisce foam 3D adhesive squares
Stickles in Crystal color
double sided adhesive
Use any sentiment you choose from your assorted collection.  Don't have any stamps, check out this link for some coupons to your local craft stores.  There are also some great stamp artists on the internet like Joy's Life, Typical Scrapbooker, or any others that are referenced here on my blog to the bottom left of the page.
Sand the edges of the paper to create a lovingly worn look!   When adding the #3 patterned paper use 5 3D foam adhesive squares or circles to pop off card.
                                   Adding ribbon makes cards look more handmade and personal!
  Add the distressed strip of paper to the top or bottom or the side of the inside of the card for pizazz!



Practice on scrap paper with the stamps to see where to put each one and then stamp on your project pieces, add a 3D foam piece to the center of the snowy message medallion and top off with some Stickles for bling!
I hope you enjoyed my card and have a great day!!!!  May it be Merry and Bright!
Natalie
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hubby's Childhood Revisited

Altered Art-Books By Timeless Legacy Designs

Timeless Legacy Designs Banner