Welcome!

Click on any of the projects in the slideshow below to view them. Scroll down the page to see my blog entries. Leave me a comment and let me know what your personal website is so I can come visit you!
Enjoy!
Natalie

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Getting My Craft Room in Order

I spent last week rearranging shelves in my corner of the office/craft room. I also added the embellishment center and some small art pieces.  I will be adding some pink lights and other things as I go, but here's how it looks right now.  It is nothing fancy, but it works for me.  Still playing the lottery to get a big craft room!

 
 
If you'll notice the little containers underneath the shelf here; I used Glad plastic containers from Hillshire Farms deli meat containers!  I had tons of them stacking up and I love to use them for storage.  What I did here was: I drilled a small hole through the inside of the lid, exactly in the middle of the lid, to the outside and into the bottom of the shelf. I made sure that the tab from the lid was facing toward me and I left space of 1/4 inch between the lids.  Then I used a small screw to attach the lid to the shelf.  The containers just snap onto the lids and they work like a charm. They kind of suction on the tub part of the container as the middle is drawn up by the screw.  I have some heavy stuff in some of them and the lids just hold on to them!

I plan to put more up as I get the opportunity.  I also plan to get tins to velcro to the sides of the embellishment center, as long as they are not too gaudy!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hubby's Childhood Revisited

Altered Art-Books By Timeless Legacy Designs

Timeless Legacy Designs Banner