Welcome!

Click on any of the projects in the slideshow below to view them. Scroll down the page to see my blog entries. Leave me a comment and let me know what your personal website is so I can come visit you!
Enjoy!
Natalie

Monday, September 28, 2009

My first Scrap Recipe Layout

I have decided to take a break from the current album I am working on(my husband's life up to before we met) to make a recipe scrapbook of holiday recipes I love. Here is the first page. I am also going to enter this little thing in the Just Buggin' Blog Hop Challenge.
Our Challenge for the Blog Hop is simple: Use any die cut on your project but you have to ALTER IT! That's right, don't just slap your plain old die cut on your project! Jazz it up a bit first. Your die cut can be from ANY die cut machine, it doesn't have to be a Cricut die cut.

I used my Craft ROBO to cut the words on this page. I had to cut the outline and glued four copies of each word over the outline to create a raised "chipboard" look.  I used a brownish metallic paper, so if you zoom in you can see the detail in it.  The leaves are from Michaels and I put glitter on the brown one.  I used autumn brads to keep the front attached to the back.  I went to allrecipes.com for the recipe.  The green tape ribbon is from Michaels.  The picture is downloaded from the allrecipes.com site.  For the edges I used black chalk from the Stampin Up! pastels and then glitter gel pen on the very edges.  For the paper behind the picture of the pie I tore handmade rose petal paper and chalked the edges.
For the inside of the recipe card/page I took a plain piece of printer paper and used Jim Holtz Distress Inks in "antique linen" and "vintage photo".  The edges were then curled and inked darker and then outlined with glitter pen.  The catchy phrase on the upper left is matted on a red shiny fiberous paper.  The pie was cut out using my Cricut Create with the From My Kitchen cartride and then I drew drizzles of glue and put on bronzy glitter for the caramel and used paper scraps for the pecans.  The whole project is mounted on a 6 x 6 piece of dark green textured cardstock.  The red cardstock was already round with scallops and I just cut it into quarters for the rest of the album.  The glue I used is by Scotch.  It is Quick-dry Adhesive and it is awesome.  It has a very small opening in the spout and makes it so easy to glue small items.  It really doesn't seem to alter the shape of the paper like other glues in how they make it all wrinkly and such. 
More pages to come.   Please let me know what you think of this one so far. 
Take Care, Natalie
You can start from the beginning of the blog hop here: www.scrapsketch.com


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hubby's Childhood Revisited

Altered Art-Books By Timeless Legacy Designs

Timeless Legacy Designs Banner