Welcome!

Click on any of the projects in the slideshow below to view them. Scroll down the page to see my blog entries. Leave me a comment and let me know what your personal website is so I can come visit you!
Enjoy!
Natalie

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Blog Hop Challenge From Scrap Sketch

Here is my layout for the Blog Hop Challenge from Scrap Sketch

I am finishing up a scrapbook about my husband's youth and I find this challenge was a great way to inspire me to find new ways to do layouts.  I felt my layouts were starting to get less exciting.  Most of the time I do picture matting and embellishments as well as journaling and a title.  Adding the sewn or ric rak look with the brackets was something I always wanted to try.  I really wanted to use my sewing machine but it is kaput at the moment and I will get it fixed soon.

I used Blue Canopy paper and embellishments from K and Company.  The two lower flowers were cut out with my Craft ROBO.  I had to create the notebook page as I didn't have any lying around.  I used Jim Holtz distress ink to jazz it up.  The butterfly stamp on the upper right is an EK Success and the other one is from Martha Stewart.  I cut out the title with my Craft ROBO and outlined it with gel pens.  The doily that the title is on was cut out with my Craft ROBO as well.  The whole project is outlined with the same distressed ink as the notebook page. 
Have a scrappy day!  That's an order!
Natalie

2 comments:

Roxy said...

I love what you did with this sketch! And thank you for becoming my follower and leaving a comment, that just makes my day!

ScrapHappyGal said...

Love your work!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hubby's Childhood Revisited

Altered Art-Books By Timeless Legacy Designs

Timeless Legacy Designs Banner